This is my 5th visit to Japan. It is also one that I had the most number of days there; and making the most number of moves around the country on its public transport. Appreciate Chai Noi for initiating the trip and making the transport arrangements such as the Flight and JR Ticket, and being the accommodating room mate. Thanks to Teck Siew for her thoughtful and thorough planning and travelling tips that allowed me to venture into new places without the need to do much pre-trip planning. Grateful to Juejing, for his patience and for being a very reliable human GPS (at times, even better than GoogleMap)! Of course, a big thank you to the great company of the Wong and Koh families, too :)

(D3) Kanazawa



Heading Kanazawa

Meet up with the Wong and Koh Families at the Ueno Station before heading Kanazawa via the shinkansen.




Lunch @ Kanazawa JR Station



Fresh nice sushi - immediate difference observed (compared to the usual sushi belt in Singapore):
The sushi chef added the wasabi to the sushi instead of giving us the wasabi paste separately.


This item caught my attention... I don't recall seeing sushi with such big 'lump' of meat - yes, it looked more like meat than seafood. Well, it's actually tuna!



Dinner @ Dining Resort at Kuugo, Kanazawa

We went into a restaurant that was still empty. The way the ramen was presented looked interesting, isn't it?


I asked for a 'upsize' for the chashu (stew pork) but not for the noodle.
Hm... I still prefer the noodle ate the night before.



Coincidentally, we met Timothy at the same restaurant.
(Click HERE to see Timothy's Facebook post)


Checking in to HOTEL MYSTAYS PREMIER Kanazawa

Compared to the previous hotel, this is about 1.5 times larger.



Made my very first attempt to use the free laundry service in the hotel. By right it should be a hassle free exercise; however it turned out to be a nightmare. I guess I took for granted that Japan is a safe and orderly place. As a result, I forgot to guard my stuff and it turned out to be a mess. In addition, probably I should have asked how to set the dryer should that it would really tumble dry the clothes rather than leaving them damp and made me busy for almost 2 hours to iron my clothes dry. First time having the need to ask for an iron and ironing board :(




No comments:

Post a Comment